My heart is aching, I am nervous, afraid, anxious, for my friends, for my family, for my people, for my beloved nation of Israel. Tomorrow is May 14th, 2021, Israel’s birthday on the Gregorian calendar and it is now 73 years young, home to a people that is nearly 3,000 years old. And yet the same land is also home to a number of Arab peoples like my own family who live just north of Israel across the border in Lebanon. You see I am Jewish on my mother’s side, proud to be, and yet my father and half of my family are Sunni Muslims from Lebanon and I also love them to no end. When I see the news of what is happening in Israel today, my soul feels like it is being suffocated. On the one hand I hear my Arab people spewing relentless hatred for Jews, attempting to justify their hate by saying they only hate Zionism, yet Zionism is simply the political aspiration of the Jewish people as both an ethnic and religious group, to return to their historic homeland and have the right to self-determination just like every other people in the world, so to say you hate Zionists is to say you believe that the only people in the world who do not have right to a country are Jews. On the other hand I hear my Jewish brothers and sisters reacting with anger and frustration towards Arab communities, understandably, yet some have the age old habit of grouping everyone into the same category, but we must remember that some Arabs stand with Israel. Although I am only half Arab, I feel the blood of Ishmael flows in my veins just as much as the blood of Isaac, and I have an idea which has potential to be a real solution for Israel in this time of crisis.
Oslo was a mistake, I’m so sorry, however well intended it was, the worst thing that Yitzhak Rabin, of blessed memory and whom I have nothing but respect for, could have done, was to shake hands with Yasser Arafat, although I know he did not want to; I know he did it for the sake of peace. But peace that comes at any cost, especially at the cost of your own peoples’ dignity and security, is a false peace and is not genuine. I would much rather have justice and truth than a fake peace at the cost of precious lives and holy land. It is a peace process based on a complete and utter lie, a lie told first by Haj Amin al Husseini of cursed memory, and his late protégé Yasser Arafat. It is a lie that has now been unfortunately fed to entire generations of Palestinian Arabs who, if you dare say otherwise, would curse you out or threaten you with violence. For violence, not peace, has been the known culture of the so called “Palestinian Liberation Organization” since its founding and it is a dishonest and deceptive culture which I will now dare to challenge and take on! I will now do what Israel is too afraid to do, I will challenge the legitimacy of the very Palestinian identity and unravel the lies from their very foundations. I know I will upset people on either side, but truth must have its day despite all the hate, despite all the bloodshed, the facts must be presented to a candid world! The purpose of this very post is first and foremost a gift to my people Israel, but it is also a challenging call to my fellow Arabs on the “Palestinian” side. Please, look past your anger, and read this with an open and educated mind. Please read carefully for I do not write in hate, nor in anger, but in love, love for both of my people, of Isaac and Ishmael, of Jews and Arabs. And if I manage to reach and awaken but a handful of individuals, I will have fulfilled the objective of this article.
The Jewish Liberation Organization
In 1982, Arafat used one of Menachem Begin’s own tactics in Lebanon, and it worked, and although Israel prevailed, Begin unfortunately played right into Arafat’s hands. How so? Arafat wanted to provoke Israel, he knew Begin would invade Lebanon, as Begin very well should have and did. However, the PLO was also hoping to provoke the old Begin, the Menachem Begin from Irgun days with no qualms of how Israel achieved victory so long as Israel was safe from terrorism. Begin would do everything in his power to ensure no more bombs fell over Galilee, and nothing would stand in his way, even if it meant the lives of Palestinian Arab and Lebanese civilians used as human shields by the PLO for that very purpose, to paint David as Goliath and Goliath as David in the eyes of the whole world. Let me be very clear, it was wrong and cowardly of Arafat and the PLO to hide among the population of Lebanon and use them as human shields, and Israel was indeed forced to act by necessity, dropping leaflets warning residents to leave before reducing those cities and towns to rubble. The massacres of Sabra and Shatila, carried out at the hands of Christian Lebanese militia, made matters much worse for then General Ariel Sharon and Israel’s global image. Israel was not at fault, but mistakes were made and people were killed. Still, the PLO wasted no time in exploiting the situation to hurt Israel’s reputation, and it is a tactic used by Hamas, Fatah, and Hezbollah until this very day. They still lie, they still report dishonestly, they still use human shields, and make the lives of millions of Israelis impossible every day with rocket attacks and riots in order to achieve the same agenda.
It will stop when Israel implements my plan, as I call for the establishment of a Jewish Liberation Organization, our first task being the liberation of the Jewish mindset and our reputation in the eyes of the world, dismantling the lies of generations through the promotion of history in fun and innovative ways, restoring pride and confidence to the Jewish psyche and reclaiming our Davidic identity from the clutches of antisemitism. Our second task would be to strengthen Israel through the promotion of new laws to be read and passed by the Knesset in Jerusalem, laws that will make Israel proud and win the respect even of our enemies. I hear by present to you the Jewish Liberation Organization.
- We are open minded religious and secular Zionists who believe that all the Promised Land as described to the Children of Israel within the Holy Torah, belongs to Israel.
- We believe that all the borders of Israel should remain under Israeli Sovereignty from Eilat to the Golan, from the border of Egypt to the border of Lebanon, from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea.
- That the regions of Judea and Samaria, also known as “The West Bank,” are not occupied territories, but disputed territories.
- That Judea and Samaria belong to the Jews and should be annexed by the Israeli Government based on the same natural and historic rights with which the nation was reborn on the 5th day of the month of Iyar 5708.
- That Jerusalem is our home and eternal capital, not a bargaining piece, and should remain united and protected under Israeli sovereignty.
- We defend the rights of all Jewish pioneers in the disputed areas of Judea and Samaria. They are not settlers, occupiers, or an obstacle to peace, but are the natural, historic and indigenous inhabitants of the ancient Kingdom of Israel. It is their God given right to build and cultivate the land however they see fit.
- We believe that the term “Palestinian,” when used correctly, refers to Jews, Arabs, Druze, Samaritans, Circassians, and any other natural inhabitants of the once imperial territory then known as Palestine, never once an independent country under that name, but now known once more as Israel, a free and vibrant beacon of democracy in the Middle East.
- We also believe that the Arab inhabitants of the land should live along-side us in peaceful coexistence, as any other people, and as full and equal citizens of the Jewish State.
- We believe that terrorism in all its ugly forms will hence forth be met with absolutely zero tolerance and severe punishments. Perpetrators, accomplices and conspirators alike will be dealt with as the commanding officers of the Israel Defense Forces, Shin Bet, or Mossad see fit.
- That all properties belonging to terrorists shall be automatically forfeited, including citizenship if Israeli. That the most serious terrorists will be either imprisoned for life or executed according to the Torah and their immediate relatives permanently deported and banished from Israel. We believe that less severe terrorists should receive appropriate measures of sentencing, but no trial. Trials are for criminals, terrorism falls under a completely different category and should thus require no trial. These laws ensure that any and all would-be enemies think twice on the consequences of their actions not only upon themselves, but their families as well, before engaging in acts of terror.
- This last step is the most crucial and consists of several parts.
- In the years since the Oslo Accords the so called Palestinian Authority has proven useless in both the welfare of their own people and in making even minimal efforts for peace with Israel. Therefore, the PA should be immediately and completely dismantled, and the Israeli Government secure total control over all of Judea and Samaria, Arab and Jewish cities and towns alike.
- That Israel recapture Gaza, and apply Israeli sovereignty, completely shutting down Hamas, Islamic Jihad and any of their sympathizers by any means necessary to secure the safety of the entire region for both Arabs and Jews.
- That the Israeli Ministry of Education throw out all PA and Hamas endorsed textbooks and replace them with real books proper to a solid human education for all children of whatever background and religion, assuming control of the education of Arab and Jewish students alike, fully integrated, side by side.
- Most importantly, that Israel with the help and support of the Jewish Liberation Organization (JLO ), and any other organization supporting our vision for a new Israel, commence a new and aggressive campaign to inspire Aliyah for any and all Jews around the world though compelling incentives and promoting the overall improved quality of life that would result in Judea and Samaria along with all open frontiers of the Land of Israel. Education is the key to solving the greatest problems facing humanity, let us therefore make education our primary weapon to win this war once and for all.
We the members of the Jewish Liberation Organization hereby propose the passing of a new law in the Knesset, requiring all Israeli citizens, including Arabs naturalized as full and equal citizens with the annexation of Judea and Samaria, to take upon themselves a sacred national oath, Jews swearing or affirming upon a Tanak, Christians upon a Holy Bible, Muslims upon the Holy Qur’an, that simply says they will live and abide by Israeli laws and will not engage in any kind of terrorism weather against their fellow Israelis or any other people. All the oath affirms is that Israelis of any ethnicity or background will simply not physically harm anyone. This law should be very easy for anyone to do because it is requiring nothing else but peaceful coexistence as full and equal citizens. Any and all citizens who thereafter violate this law or refuse to take the oath, whether Arab or Jewish, is by definition condoning terrorism against Israeli citizens, and these violators should be immediately tried in a court of law, their citizenship forfeited if found guilty, and deported from the country immediately thereafter. This is understandably an aggressive campaign but absolutely necessary for the future of Israel. It is not racist nor genocidal in any way because all we are doing is expelling those who openly condone terrorism, and whatever other country in the world receives them can deal with these individuals as they see fit. Any and all Palestinian Arabs who do commit to taking the national oath can and will be able to remain in Israel as full and equal citizens under the law, therefore we are not expelling a single race, religion or ethnicity, simply individuals who mean harm to you and me. How would such a law not be the most logical and fundamental course of action?
Theodore Herzl was not a religious Jew himself, but he was perhaps a modern prophetic instrument in God’s hands. Herzl said, “If you will it, it is no dream.” We at the Jewish Liberation Organization believe that his work and vision are far from having been accomplished yet. The rest of the story rests upon your shoulders and mine; it is ultimately up to us, Herzl’s heirs. Yalla, let’s get to work!
The implementation of my plan means a secure and prosperous future for both Israel and the whole of the Middle East, it means an end to rockets, stabbings, and car rammings. It means an end to constant fear of terrorism within the borders of the Holy Land of Israel. It means that Israelis, both Jews and Arabs can worry less about tensions and focus more on living and working together, studying together, researching science and medicine together, creating incredible innovations that will be shared with other Middle Eastern states and the global community. It means we will have ensured that the Jewish State is and will remain the world’s only sovereign and free Jewish State, embraced once more by Arab society as an integral part of the history and culture of the diverse and blessed peoples of the Middle East.
– Uzi Darwiche